Thursday, May 24, 2007

My Favourite Things...

If Oprah can do it, so can I. Although I am sure my list won't get as much attention as her list usually does.

I always feel very good this time of year. I get to go to the outdoor farmer's market that opens every spring and runs until the end of October. We can run out of the house without first gearing up in coats and boots. We can enjoy the park, and sunshine, and wind. There isn't a lot of humidity yet, so it is bearable outside. It seems that we get to enjoy our friends more this time of year too. There seems to be a BBQ every other week-end.

I feel that my posts have been lacking photos lately and since I appreciate a visual blog as much as the next person there are a lot today.

Here are photos of my, incomplete, list of favourite things: Clean laundry hung on the line to dry; my butternut/beechnut tree—we're not sure which; hostas under my tree; my daughter going head-first down the 'big' slide; my other daughter climbing everything; my iris bed about to burst open into a display of beautiful and sweet smelling blooms; blue and yellow pansies; finally getting to the armholes on the 'mile-long' bath robe pattern.

























6 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Is there anything better than springtime? Love your pics...

a friend to knit with said...

Beautiful visual this morning sarah!! Thanks! :)
I can see why those are your favorite things!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Natalie said...

I wish we had spring in Arizona! It has already been bloody hot summer since March (when we officially hit 100 degrees). Hubby leaves this weekend for his interview early next week. Say your prayers, perhaps it will go fast and we get a taste of somewhere else before we melt!

shelly d said...

Thanks for sharing the photos...really great. I too have a local outdoor farmers market and I love it. I just happens to be near my favorite ice cream shop.....

shelly d said...

love the photos...we too have an outdoor farmers market and I love it. It is also near my favorite ice cream shop...

Sabrina Hirsch said...

Oh, what lovely photos Sarah, I love the clean laundry shot. Also, the bathrobe sleeve! Congrats! and thanks for the favorite (or favourite) things list!