Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Finishing Details and What Next?

I thought, how hard could it be? Well, apparently, finishing takes a bit of practice (sorry Kristin's baby, you get to be my guinea pig for this bolero.) I have taken away valuable lessons for future projects so I suppose that is an upside. It should get better from here, right?

This photo was taken on the week-end. The bolero is now drying after a wash and I am dog tired and not photographing it today. It looks great from the outside, a little slapdash (a term from a kids book, Pish and Posh Wish for Fairy Wings my daughter absolutely loves which loosely translated means sloppy—or silly, we're not quite sure but we like how it sounds) from the inside.

Now I am itching to buy wool for my next project. Is it lame to want to knit a tea cozy? I have a great tea pot that needs some lovin'. I would also like to do a head band, and comfy pants for the kids. I still want to knit the bath robe from the Greetings from the Knit Cafe book, but I am scared of the yarn. What to do, what to do?

If you have ever been fascinated with the thought of dyeing yarn, check out Scout's Swag Site today for a demo of Scout's Ghetto Warping Board. She makes it look easy. I have been tempted since reading the Knitty article about kool aid dyeing. The colours are really vibrant. However, this doesn't give me the urge to want to drink the stuff.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sweater looks lovely and I am certain the baby will be ok with guinea pig status. I really want to give the kool-aid/food coloring dying a try!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Slapdash--my dad uses that expression all the time! (He's 80)

I love the tea cozy idea, my friend's mom made me one and I love it so much, not lame at all. My brother always jokes that lame would be 'knitting my cat a poncho'!;)

a friend to knit with said...

Your bolero looks great!!! It is adorable!!! Sounds like you have a great line up for future projects! I think you should go for the bathrobe.......It is adorable! :) The headband could be your car project! :) Hope your Easter was great......your eggs look beautiful!

Sabrina Hirsch said...

I have had a hankering to knit a tea cozy too! There is a really cute pattern in Knit Two Together.