Monday, February 25, 2008

It's a Contest Baby!

I am excitedly "collecting" items for my (first eva) contest prize. Bring on the entries, I will draw names after the contest closes Feb.29. If you are really stuck on ideas here's one—and I might add that this is very embarassing for me and I am very glad I do not have a photo of it—when I was about 7 I collected eraser shavings. Seriously. Not a highlight of my youth, but I blame it on a particularly non-attentive second grade teacher. She was not very engaging. To put a positive spin on it I will call it my deconstructionist period. Since I don't have a photo of that very early collection I will leave you with an image from Brita Hansen's crayfish collection.



Please note: I (almost absolutely) guarantee there will be no eraser shavings in your prize (probably definitely.)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to play today!! Bring on the eraser shavings.

Yarnhog said...

I suppose showing my yarn collection would be cheating, hmmm?

a friend to knit with said...

thinking. really i am. not much of a collector.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Eraser shavings? Kids are insane.

Sabrina Hirsch said...

Okay, I have a collection, I am going home tonight to take a picture...I will post it tomorrow before 11am PST. Does that work still?

Sonya said...

I like to stir 'em and shake 'em. Check out my collections.

http://knittingissewes.blogspot.com/

mellowbeing said...

Heya, Just read about your contest. Here's my entry: http://mellowbeing.com/blog/2008/02/button-collection.php

thanks for setting this up. I had a fun time making something creative with all these buttons (that didn't involved sewing ;).

meg said...

I am trying to simplify my life. But, I do have a collection of vintage hankies. The kinds with prints of fruit, or dogs and cats or flowers!

Anonymous said...

What a great contest! I came over from Leslie's site and immediately posted...

Senja said...

I just posted my collection hope I'm in time for the contest. Did you have a sticker book collection? That was huge at my school.

http://senjaknits.blogspot.com

Temperance said...

When I was a kid I collected bells. I liked the way they sounded. My brother collected keys and rocks (big rocks).

Now I collect cookie cutters and Tea Pots.

Yarnhog said...

All right, I've posted!

Sabrina Hirsch said...

alrighty, my collection is here:
http://smfsportychic.blogspot.com/2008/02/collections.html

KeanaLee said...

Vintage Playboys....that's what I collect---see some at
www.keanalee.typepad.com

Patty said...

Whee! I did it...just under the wire. Check it out! And, thanks for starting this contest. It was great fun!