Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I've Been Memed

This is a quick post to fulfill a meme from Fibreholic. Patty, I would love to say that I am reading one of the many decent works of fiction waiting on my shelves, David Adams Richards' Friends of Meager Fortune borrowed from a dear friend who seems not to mind that I am a book-return deviant; Khaled Hosseini's The Kite Runner which has become a movie in the time I have wasted not reading it. Instead the non-fiction world takes up most of my time. So I give you my current read's page 161, fifth sentence: "Add garlic and hot pepper flakes and cook gently for a few minutes until tender and fragrant but not brown."

Yes, sadly, this is how exciting my life gets lately. On the other hand we are eating rather well. Oh and I highly recommend Bonnie Stern's Heart Smart: The best of Heart Smart Cooking. I am on my second week of recipes from this book—dee-lish.

7 comments:

Sabrina Hirsch said...

garlic, hot pepper flakes, yummo, say no more, I am on the same page as you!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, that sounds about where I'm at as well!

Patty said...

Alright, now I'm hungry again! The bane of a nursing mother...you read about food and want more. I love Bonnie Stern too. We have 'Simply Heartsmart' and it's dog earred from use over the years. I'm going to have to look up the one you have - sounds yummy!

Thanks for participating in the meme! This one has been a great one to see what knitters are up to other than, you know, knitting.

Yarnhog said...

I think you could spin a best-seller off that line, actually.

Romi said...

At least you're reading *some*thing! :g: It sounds delicious!

And in answer to your question: I used to play French horn. :)

Lydee said...

you make my day! I gave you the award on my blog.

Louise said...

Hi Sarah, thanks for dropping by my blog. My husband is actually Greek! But that has to be one of my all time favourite comments - your mother-in-law sounds like mine - only Greek! I'm glad to find your lovely blog!