Thursday, September 06, 2007

90 Degrees in the Shade

I started this post last night. This was how I felt...

It was hot today. It was grumpy, sweaty, stinkin', surrounded by a bubble of hot moisture, hot today. My mood still hasn't improved. I really want to dip into the sweet little sparkling treat I bought...



...but feel too guilty to drink it alone. Plus I didn't drink that much before I was pregnant and now I barely make it through a glass of anything.


Really cheerful, non? I would like to say that I am much better today, but I didn't sleep a wink last night and, well, I am sure you all know how well no sleep goes over when you can't take the next day to nap. Still I am nearly packed for our cottage trip this coming week, (so I will not be blogging or reading your blogs until I get back) and I am very excited to get away and enjoy the outdoors in the comforts of a cushy cottage. The weather is supposed to cool down next week so I went out and bought my oldest a new pair of slippers so my younger daughter could wear the old pair. Have you seen these before?



They are called Padraig's
and they have a super soft sheep skin insole and hand dyed yarn outside. They look really cute on their feet. I wish I had knit them, but sadly I am not that clever. I hope I will have more knitting to report after I return. Until then I hope you all stay well!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happt vacation!!

a friend to knit with said...

ahhhh! in february maybe this post will make you smile! :)
cute cute slippers! my kids would love those!
have a fabulous trip!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Have a COOL and RESTFUL weekend!

sophanne said...

I hope it cools off for you- and me too. It's a blazing furnace of Hades here.

Romi said...

Have a wonderful wonderful time!

Patty said...

Have a great holiday and congrats to that big girl of yours!

Sabrina Hirsch said...

Oh I hope you have a great vacation can't wait to hear all about it! Cottage vacation... next time, give me a little notice, I am a great cottage guest! :)